Ukrainians – Welcome to Canada: Finding a job
Finding a job is an important step toward starting your new life in Canada. Many businesses are looking to hire Ukrainian newcomers. There are specific job sites and supports to help you find work.
What you need to work in Canada
To work in Canada, you need a
- social insurance number (SIN)
- You should apply for a SIN in the first 2 weeks after you arrive in Canada.
- Even if you’re not looking for work right away, you need a SIN to access most government services and benefits.
- work permit
- With a work permit, you may qualify for public health coverage if you meet the conditions of the province or territory where you live.
How to apply for a SIN
You can apply for a SIN online. You can also apply in person, but you may have to wait in line. Because of this, we recommend applying online.
If you want to submit your application in person
You can ask for an appointment using the service request form (opens in a new tab) .
How to find a job
Many Canadian employers are posting jobs specifically for Ukrainians on Job Bank. You can also look at jobs that are advertised to everyone in Canada.
Contact us through the web form if you want some help using Job Bank.
In the comments section of the form, tell us you’re a Ukrainian national looking for a job. This will let us know what your situation is so we can help you more easily.
There are other tools on Job Bank that you can use in your search for work:
- Find a job in Canada as a newcomer
- Access useful information and resources to help you settle in Canada.
- Career quizzes and tests
- Find out what occupations may be a good fit for you in Canada based on your interests and skills.
- Resumé builder
- Create a professional resumé in just a few minutes.
- How to use the Job Bank fact sheet (PDF, 881 KB)
- Date modified: