Pre-arrival services: Who can get services

You can get free in-person and online services, if:

  • we approved your permanent residence application
  • you’re currently outside Canada
  • you have one of these documents:
    • a letter from us saying you can get pre-arrival services
    • a confirmation of permanent residence letter
    • a passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance
    • a letter from us asking for your medical exam results
    • a single-entry permanent resident visa
    • a letter from us letting your know you can pick up your permanent resident visa

You can’t get pre-arrival services if you’re coming to Canada for a short time. That is, you’re a temporary resident visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: