Permanent residence for extended family of former Afghan interpreters: Who can apply

On this page:

Eligibility for this public policy

To be eligible for this temporary public policy, you must meet the following requirements:

If you’re in Afghanistan and plan to leave

If you plan to leave Afghanistan, you should check and follow the travel requirements of the country you plan to enter or transit through. You may need a visa to legally enter another country, along with your passport.

It’s important to follow the immigration laws of countries you plan to enter. You could be detained or deported back to Afghanistan if you do not follow immigration laws when you try to enter another country. This can make it harder to get help to travel to Canada or any other country in which you want to resettle.

Being admissible to Canada

You and your family members must be admissible to Canada to be approved for permanent residence. Make sure you know how you could be inadmissible to Canada.

Under this public policy, your application can still be approved if you or your family members are inadmissible for these reasons:

Family members that can come with you to Canada

You can bring the following family members with you to Canada:

You must include these family members in your application. If you don’t, they won’t be able to come with you.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: