Live-In Caregiver Program: about the process
About the process
The Live-in Caregiver Program is closed to new applicants. You can only hire a caregiver through the program if you have:
- found a caregiver who already has a work permit in the Live-in Caregiver Program and who is looking for a new employer, and
- been approved for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that shows the caregiver has agreed to live in your home
Other options for hiring a caregiver
If this doesn’t apply to you, you can still hire a foreign caregiver through the:
- Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Workers pilots
- No LMIA required for the pilots.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- You need to get a positive LMIA from Service Canada and the caregiver must apply for a regular work permit.
You can decide, with the caregiver, if they live in or out of your home.
- Date modified: