RELATED VIDEO: Federal environmental assessments in a nutshell
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the Funding Programs, which support individuals, non-profit organizations and Indigenous groups interested in participating in federal environmental assessments and other Agency engagement initiatives.
Participating in federal environmental assessments or engagement initiatives helps to ensure that concerns from the public and Indigenous groups are taken into consideration.
To be eligible for funding, you must demonstrate the value you will add by participating in activities and by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a direct, local interest in the project or engagement initiative, such as living or owning property in the project area;
- Have community knowledge or Indigenous traditional knowledge relevant to the environmental assessment or engagement initiative;
- Plan to provide expert information relevant to the anticipated environmental effects of the project or engagement initiative; and/or
- Have an interest in the potential impacts of the project on treaty lands, settlement lands or traditional territories and/or related claims and rights.
To apply, download an application form available for the relevant type of funding:
- Application – Environmental assessments undertaken by the Agency [PDF - 2,204 KB]; or
- Application – Environmental assessments undertaken by a Review Panel [PDF - 1,484 KB]
- Application – Agency Policy Dialogue Program
Submit completed applications and supporting documents to the Agency at CEAA.FP-PAF.ACEE@canada.ca. The Agency assumes no responsibility for misdirected or delayed application submissions.
Disclaimer: Some electronic documents are currently available only in Adobe's Portable Document Format. To request an alternate format, contact:
Consult the Funding Programs – National Programs Guidelines for more details on who is eligible, how to apply, what expenses may be funded and how the Programs work.
The Frequently Asked Questions and the Basics of Environmental Assessment provide information on environmental assessments and their processes, including information about the Agency Funding Programs.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a standard contribution agreement and provide a completed Detailed Financial Report with supporting invoices and/or receipts for reimbursement of eligible costs over the course of the environmental assessment or engagement initiative.
- View a standard contribution agreement [PDF - 195 KB] and schedule [PDF - 157 KB]
- Download a Detailed Financial Report [PDF - 966 KB].
The Government of Canada has switched from cheques to direct deposit, an electronic transfer of funds deposited directly into your bank account, which is faster than cheques. To enroll, download and complete the Recipient Registration and Electronic Payment Request Form.
- Download a Recipient Registration and Electronic Payment Request Form [PDF - 179 KB]
Submit the completed form to the Agency at CEAA.FP-PAF.ACEE@canada.ca.
For more information on direct deposit, visit your bank or financial institution, call toll- free at 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) or visit Government of Canada’s website.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: