Report on the Labour Force Participation of Seniors and Near Seniors, and Intergenerational Relations
Annex B - Summary of Suggestions for Action
The Council offers the following suggestions for consideration by the Government of Canada:
Enabling Labour Force Participation
- Develop and implement a comprehensive workforce aging strategy.
Supporting Participation in Volunteer Work
- Develop supports for senior volunteers.
Supporting Informal Caregivers
- Develop a national caregiving strategy that employs policy solutions to support the provision of informal care.
Encouraging Positive Intergenerational Relationships
- Integrate the importance of intergenerational relationships into the celebration of both National Seniors Day and National Child Day.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the intergenerational challenges and opportunities that Canada will face over the next 40 years due to population aging.
Supporting Intergenerational Projects
- Place more emphasis on supporting intergenerational community projects through the New Horizons for Seniors Program.
Developing Supportive and Effective Policy
- Work collaboratively with all levels of government, stakeholders and relevant partners to develop integrated, coordinated and comprehensive policy that supports all Canadians in response to the challenges of population aging.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: