Sign-in help and account management for your PacifiCan funding application(s)
If you have already created a user profile to apply for funding from PacifiCan, please do not create a new profile. This page will help you troubleshoot any problems with signing in or with an organization account.
If you forgot your GCKey sign-in password
Please do not create a new user profile.* Here is how to access your user profile:
- From the portal welcome, click the “Sign In” button (first box on the left of the screen).
- Then click the “Sign in with GCKey” button;
- On the sign in page, click “Forgot your password?”
- Enter Username you created when you signed up for your GCKey;
- Answer Recovery Questions;
- Create Your New Password.
*Warning - if you create a new GCKey you will be creating a new user profile and will not have access to the work you have already completed.
If you forgot your username
If you registered a unique email address with your GCKey for the email recovery function, use Sign-In Canada’s Recover Username function by entering the email address associated with your GCKey. Sign-In Canada will send you an email with your username.
If you do not have a recovery email registered with your GCKey, contact your Regional Development Agency (RDA) to receive an invitation code to reset your GCKey.
- If you create a new GCKey you will be creating a new PacifiCan and PrairiesCan Portal user profile.
- If you are using the email recovery function, each GCKey will need a unique email address.
If you created a new GCKey and can’t see your previously entered information
It looks like you already have a user profile and may have created a duplicate user profile. What you need to do now is contact your RDA office to receive an invitation code to reset your GCKey.
As a security measure, we will ask you questions from the user profile you have created before we give you access to it. Once we confirm you are entitled to access the information in our system, you will receive a unique invitation code, which will allow you to reconnect your user profile with your new GCKey.
In the meantime, feel free to keep using the user profile you have logged into.
Definition of an account
An account is associated with a business/not-for-profit/organization, rather than with a particular individual. When an organization has requested an account, portal users associated to that account will be able to work collaboratively.
How to request an account for your organization
What you need to do is:
- From within the portal’s Dashboard view, under the Create Submission tab, complete and submit an Account Registration form.
- The RDA will email the Portal On-line Agreement and Client Authorization form. Using this form, a person with authority to act on behalf of the organization will identify a portal administrator(s) for their organization, accept the portal On-line Agreement and return it signed to the RDA.
- The appointed portal administrator can invite users and assign user permissions to the organization’s account.
- Permissions include; read, write, submit, or administrator.
If your account has not yet been approved
It can take up to 10 business days for accounts to be approved from the point we receive the signed documents noted above. Upon account authorization, your portal administrators will receive an email notification informing them of their access.
If your request to be associated to an account has not been approved
Your organization’s portal administrator is responsible for approving new users of the account. You should contact your organization’s portal administrator.
Why you might need more than one user profile
You will need more than one user profile when you are working on more than one organization’s account.
For example: If your user profile is attached to ABC organization’s account, your user profile can only be used to conduct business for ABC organization’s account. If you want to submit information for an application that is not associated to ABC’s account, you would need a different user profile attached to a different GCKey.
A user profile may or may not be attached to an account.
Note: If you are using the email recovery function, each GCKey requires a unique email address and username.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: