Gender-based analysis plus
Institutional GBA+ capacity
PCO continues to maintain a GBA+ Champion at the Deputy Secretary level. The GBA+ Champion is responsible for the promotion of GBA+ at PCO.
The PCO GBA+ Focal Point Unit has been established with 1.0 FTE dedicated to GBA+ advice and support, training development and delivery. The GBA+ Focal Point also continues to work across PCO to support the GBA+ challenge function through tool development, training for PCO staff, case study development, and ad hoc support for PCO analysts.
The GBA+ Focal Point participates on the Diversity and Inclusion and Feminist Governance sub-committees of the Deputy Ministers Task Force on Diversity in addition to the Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality Interdepartmental Group and the federal GBA+ Community of Practice.
As part of PCO’s role of supporting Cabinet operations, PCO analysts continue to provide the “challenge function” for departments to advance policy, legislative and government administration proposals through Memoranda to Cabinet (MCs) and other Cabinet documents, which incorporate GBA+.
In addition, the GBA+ Focal Point is engaged on all PCO-led MCs, to ensure that GBA+ is properly completed.
Highlights of GBA+ Results Reporting Capacity by Program
Social and Economic Policy
- The GBA+ Focal Point continues to support WAGE, FIN, and TBS on the implementation and refinement of GBA+ as it applies to Cabinet documents.
- The GBA+ Focal Point will continue to conduct an annual review of GBA+ in MCs. The results of the review are provided to analysts within PCO, as well as WAGE, FIN, and TBS to ensure a robust and rigorous application of GBA+ in the MC process.
- PCO continues to develop a GBA+ framework/directive for the department. The framework will take into consideration both the internal needs for GBA+ process application within the department and the PCO role in supporting both strengthening and scaling GBA+ process across the public service.
- The GBA+ Focal Point will finalize an implementation framework for the department, which takes into consideration both the internal needs for GBA+ implementation within the department, and the PCO role in supporting GBA+ implementation across the public service.
- The GBA+ Focal Point will coordinate across Diversity and Inclusion-related activities and initiatives to support WAGE, FIN, and TBS on strengthening the implementation and refinement of GBA+ as it applies to Cabinet documents.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: