Prevention of cyclosporiasis (Cyclospora)
Learn how cyclosporiasis can be prevented.
On this page
How can cyclosporiasis be prevented?
When travelling to a country where Cyclospora is found, you can reduce your risk by:
- avoiding food that has been washed in local drinking water
- drinking water from a safe source
- cooked food
- fruit that you can peel yourself
It can be hard to prevent cyclosporiasis. This is because washing produce does not always get rid of the Cyclospora parasite that causes the illness. You can reduce your risk by:
- cooking produce imported from countries where Cyclospora is found
- consuming fresh produce grown in countries where Cyclospora is not common, such as:
- the U.S.
- European countries
For more information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: