Diabetes in Canada: Highlights from the National Diabetes Surveillance System, 2004-2005
NDSS Future Plans
The NDSS provides a valuable source of information about diabetes in Canada. Future work will include:
- Continuing work with First Nations, Métis, and Inuit organizations to produce NDSS data for analysis, interpretation, and up-to-date reporting, to gain a better understanding of diabetes among these populations.
- Expanding the breadth of data reporting on diabetes and other related conditions among adults and children.
- Developing a methodology to differentiate between types of diabetes.
- Developing a collaborative standard approach to improving and documenting data quality.
- Implementing additional timely dissemination approaches including displaying NDSS information on the web for better access.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: