ARCHIVED - Organized Breast Cancer Screening Programs in Canada - Report on Program Performance in 2003 and 2004
- Canadian Cancer Society/National Cancer Institute of Canada. Canadian Cancer Statistics 2008. Toronto, Canada; 2008.
- Canadian Cancer Society/National Cancer Institute of Canada. Canadian Cancer Statistics 2007. Toronto, Canada; 2007.
- Health Council of Canada. Wading through Wait Times: What Do Meaningful Reductions and Guarantees Mean? 2007. Ottawa, National Health Council.
- IARC handbooks of cancer prevention: breast cancer screening. Lyon: IARC Press; 2002.
- Bancej C, Decker K, Chiarelli A, Harrison M, Turner D, Brisson J. Contribution of clinical breast examination to mammography screening in the early detection of breast cancer. J Med Screen 2003;10(1):16-21.
- Public Health Agency of Canada. Guidelines for monitoring breast screening program performance: Report from the evaluation indicators working group: 2nd Edition. Ottawa; 2007.
- Quantitative methods for the evaluation of cancer screening. London: Edward Arnold Ltd.; 2001.
- Tabar L, Fagerberg G, Chen HH, Duffy SW, Smart CR, Gad A, et al. Efficacy of breast cancer screening by age. New results from the Swedish Two-County Trial. Cancer 1995 May 15;75(10):2507-17.
- Nystrom L, Rutqvist LE, Wall S, Lindgren A, Lindqvist M, Ryden S, et al. Breast cancer screening with mammography: overview of Swedish randomised trials. Lancet 1993 Apr 17;341(8851):973-8.
- Brett J, Bankhead C, Henderson B, Watson E, Austoker J. The psychological impact of mammographic screening. A systematic review. Psychooncology 2005 Nov;14(11):917-38.
- Ugnat AM, Xie L, Morriss J, Semenciw R, Mao Y. Survival of women with breast cancer in Ottawa, Canada: variation with age, stage, histology, grade and treatment. Br J Cancer 2004 Mar 22;90(6):1138-43.
- Kerlikowske K, Grady D, Rubin SM, Sandrock C, Ernster VL. Efficacy of screening mammography. A meta-analysis. JAMA 1995 Jan 11;273(2):149-54.
- Organized breast cancer screening programs in Canada: Report on Program Performance in 1999 and 2000. Ottawa; 2002.
- Chiarelli AM, Moravan V, Halapy E, Majpruz V, Mai V, Tatla RK. Falsepositive result and reattendance in the Ontario Breast Screening Program. J Med Screen 2003;10(3):129-33.
- Vogel VG. Breast cancer prevention: a review of current evidence. CA Cancer J Clin 2000 May;50(3):156-70.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: