Canadian Armed Forces members
Jobs open to the public
- You can apply to jobs open to the public and will be considered in the same way as any other Canadian citizen and permanent resident.
Jobs open to federal public servants
- You have mobility – i.e., you can apply to jobs open to federal public service employees.
- You can apply to internal jobs regardless of what is in the “Who can apply” section of the job advertisement, but you must meet any employment equity criteria (Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities or women) if it's included in that section.
- Your mobility begins upon three years of service.
- Mobility does not mean you have a priority entitlement or a preference for appointment.
- You can request an informal discussion from the hiring organization to better understand the process and assessment results. When recourse applies, the notifications provide information you may need to submit a complaint.
Apply to federal public service jobs
The How to apply page will tell you how to enter your Service Number in your job account in order to access all jobs to which you can apply.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: