How to apply – Canadian Armed Forces members or veterans
Follow the steps to create an account.
- If you are a veteran or a CAF member, enter your Service Number (SN).
- If you are a person with a priority entitlement, enter your Priority Reference Number (PRN).
- If you are a current or former government employee, enter your Personal Record Identifier (PRI).
Log in to your account and then search for jobs. By logging in, you will see all the jobs to which you have access.
- Use the “Refine search” column on the left to narrow your job search.
- To make your job search easier, you can:
- Create a saved search; and
- Sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Read each job advertisement to see if you meet the qualifications for the job.
3. Apply for a job
- On the job advertisement, select the “Apply online” link.
- Work your way through the list of “Requirements”, completing each section and saving the information as you go.
- You can apply to internal jobs regardless of what is in the “Who can apply” section of the job advertisement, but you must meet any employment equity criteria (Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities or women) if it's included in that section.
4. Submit your application
- When you have completed all requirements, select the “Submit application” link.
- You must submit your application before the closing date and time indicated on the job advertisement.
- Your application will remain in the “Submitted job applications” section of your account until the closing date on the job advertisement.
- You can edit your application before the closing date by selecting “Retrieve application”. However, if you retrieve your application, you must resubmit the application before the closing date or you will not be considered for the job.
- After the closing date, your application will move to the “Status of job applications” page.
- If your application is selected, you will be contacted for further assessment.
- For any questions about the assessment process or test results, use the contact listed on the job advertisement.
- Different assessment tools may be used, depending on the job type and level.If you require accommodation under the Canadian Human Rights Act, you should make the request when you respond to an invitation to participate.
- For example, you may be granted more time to complete a test for medical reasons; you may reschedule an interview if it falls on a religious holiday or if a family member needs urgent care.
- You will be assessed in the official language of your choice.
- You must meet the official language requirements of the position before being appointed.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: