Veterans with at least three years of service
Jobs open to the public
- You have a preference for appointment after those with priority entitlements. This means you must be hired ahead of other Canadians, if you have applied and are found qualified for a job open to the public.
- Your preference is in effect for up to five years after you are honourably released, unless you are already employed permanently in the public service.
Jobs open to federal public servants
- You have mobility – i.e., you can apply to jobs open to federal public service employees.
- You can apply to internal jobs regardless of what is in the “Who can apply” section of the job advertisement, but you must meet employment equity criteria (Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities or women) if it’s included in that section.
- Your mobility is in effect for up to five years after you are honourably released, unless you are already permanently employed in the public service.
- Mobility does not provide you with a priority entitlement or a preference for appointment.
Apply to federal public service jobs
The How to apply page will tell you how to enter your Service Number in your job account in order to access all jobs to which you can apply.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: