Government of Canada jobs for Indigenous people
The GC Jobs website may experience some interruptions from 9 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2023 to 2 a.m. on Thursday, May 18, 2023 (EST). During this time, you may experience issues when searching and applying for jobs or when taking online tests.
Thank you for your understanding.
We are seeking First Nations people, Inuit and Métis with all levels of education and experience to help build a more inclusive and representative public service.
Read stories of Indigenous people working in the federal public service
Hiring tips and how to succeed on the job
Building meaningful careers and making change
became public servants
Making a mid-career move into government
What a federal public service career can offer you
- A career with purpose
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible hours and offices across Canada
- Indigenous employee networks, ceremonial lodges and advocacy groups
- Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity for networking and support
- Initiatives to promote Indigenous talent to executive levels
- On-the-job training and professional development
- Endless career opportunities with one employer
Self-declare as an Indigenous person when you apply
Be part of a public service that represents and includes the diverse identities, cultures, perspectives and experiences that make up Canada.
- Some jobs and programs are only open to people who have self-declared as a member of an employment equity group (women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities)
- When you apply, you’ll be asked to fill out a self-declaration form to indicate whether you are an Indigenous (Aboriginal) person*, as well as whether you belong to any of the other 3 employment equity groups
- If you’re hired, it will be because you’re the most qualified person for the job due to your skills, education, work and lived experience
Learn more about:
*An Indigenous person is someone who belongs to one of the 3 Indigenous Peoples in Canada, namely First Nations, Inuit or Métis.
The Indigenous Centre of Expertise is here for you. Let us tell you about the employment and training opportunities available to Indigenous people. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: