Frequently Asked Questions: Student Employment Programs Participants Regulations
What is the purpose of this regulation?
What are the key elements of this regulation?
The key elements of the Student Employment Programs Participants Regulations include the following:
- A student may be appointed to work within one of the Treasury Board Student employment Programs if they meet the qualifications for the work to be performed and the appointment is free from personal favouritism and political influence;
- A preference for Canadian citizens is established;
- Students may participate in advertised internal appointment processes, under certain conditions;
- Students need to take the oath or solemn affirmation prior to the effective date of their appointment; and
- Students are subject to the political activities provisions of the PSEA.
How does this regulation affect Canadian businesses?
This regulation does not affect Canadian businesses.
What is the timeline for implementation?
Where can I get more information?
For additional information on the Student Employment Programs Participants Regulations, please visit our web site.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: