Archived - Informal Discussion
The PSC's Appointment Policy has been revised and will come into effect on April 1, 2016. Please consult the letter to Deputy Heads for information on changes to the current Appointment Policy and Delegation requirements which remain in effect until March 31st, 2016.
For assistance please contact your Staffing Support Advisor.
During an internal appointment process, persons eliminated from consideration are provided with an opportunity to discuss the decision to eliminate them, as soon as possible after the decision is made.
To ensure transparency and communication throughout the appointment process, which helps foster a healthy workplace.
To complete the appointment process in an effective and timely fashion and correct any errors or oversights, thus allowing for appointments to be made without undue delay.
This policy applies to all internal advertised and non-advertised appointment processes.
In addition to being accountable for respecting the policy statement, deputy heads must ensure that:
- persons are made aware, in a timely manner, of the decision to eliminate them from consideration;
- persons eliminated from consideration who request an informal discussion have access to sufficient information concerning themselves to understand and discuss the decision;
- errors or oversights can be corrected where appropriate; and
- persons are aware that participating in an informal discussion in no way affects the right to file a complaint with the Public Service Staffing Tribunal.
Deputy heads must respect:
- the PSC policy on Official Languages in the Appointment Process, with respect to the communication of information concerning appointment processes; and
- the Treasury Board/Public Service Commission Policy on the Duty to Accommodate Persons with Disabilities in the Federal Public Service, which requires, for example, the provision of accessible formats and accommodation, upon request, for persons with disabilities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: