2017 to 2018 Fees Report
On behalf of the Public Service Commission of Canada, I am pleased to present the 2017 to 2018 Report on Fees.
On June 22, 2017, the Service Fees Act received royal assent, thereby repealing the User Fees Act.
The Service Fees Act introduces a modern legislative framework that enables cost-effective delivery of services and, through enhanced reporting to Parliament, improved transparency and oversight. This act provides for:
- a streamlined approach to consultation and the approval of new or modified fees
- a requirement for services to have service standards and reporting against these standards, along with a policy to remit fees to fee payers when standards are not met
- an automatic annual fee adjustment by the Consumer Price Index to ensure that fees keep pace with inflation
- annual detailed reporting to Parliament in order to increase transparency
This 2017 to 2018 Fees Report is the first report to be prepared under the Service Fees Act. Additional fee information will be included starting next fiscal year, once the Public Service Commission of Canada fully transitions to the Service Fees Act regime.
I welcome the increased transparency and oversight that the Service Fees Act’s reporting regime embodies, and I am fully committed to transitioning my department to this modern framework.
Public Service Commission of Canada
General fees information
The tables that follow provide information on the fees, including:
- the name of the fee category
- the date that the fee (or fee category) was introduced and last amended
- service standards
- performance results against these standards
- financial information regarding total costs, total revenues and remissions
|Fee category||Fees for processing requests filed under the Access to Information Act|
|Fee-setting authority||Access to Information Act|
|Year last amended||2018|
|Service standard||Response provided within 30 days following receipt of request. The response time may be extended pursuant to section 9 of the Access to Information Act.|
|Performance results||On-time responses (i.e. responses completed within their 30-day or extended deadline) were provided for 100% of requests that were completed in 2017-18.|
|Other information||Not applicable|
|2016 to 2017 Revenue||2017 to 2018 Revenue||2016 to 2017 Cost||2017 to 2018 Remissions|
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: