Canada Research Coordinating Committee moves forward on federal priorities to sustain Canada’s research enterprise
In November, the Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC) invited members of the Canada Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) to the CSPC 2022 conference for an in-depth discussion on how their organizations advanced the CRCC’s priorities.
The panelists discussed their organizations’ collective efforts to help sustain Canada’s research enterprise through the ongoing global pandemic while keeping an eye to the future—by working together on key federal priorities to build a more equitable, connected and innovative research community for Canada. The event coincided with the publication of the 2021-22 CRCC progress report, Moving Forward.
Alejandro Adem, 2022 CRCC chair and president of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, was joined by the following CRCC members:
- Ted Hewitt—2022 CRCC Vice-Chair, and President, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- Stephen Lucas—Deputy Minister, Health Canada (joined virtually)
- Francis Bilodeau—Associate Deputy Minister, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Tammy Clifford—Vice-President, Research, Learning Health Systems, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (delegate for Michael Strong, President, Canadian Institutes of Health Research)
- Roseann O’Reilly Runte—President and CEO, Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Iain Stewart—President, National Research Council
Watch the video of the session and read the feature article in the CSPC magazine, Issue 04: Moving Forward: CRCC Progress Report 2021-22.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: