Province of Quebec


Due to wildfires, some Canadians may experience a delay in the mail delivery of their CRA benefit and credit cheques. If you are affected, visit Canada Post for updates on your mail delivery. Use My Account to register for direct deposit and avoid interruptions to the tax refund or benefit payments.

Quebec flag

The Child Assistance Payments program is related to the
Canada child benefit but is not administered by the
Canada Revenue Agency.

Child assistance payments

If you live in Quebec, you must file your application for child assistance payments and make any changes to your family situation directly with the Retraite Québec. However, you do not have to file an application for a child born in Quebec because the Retraite Québec is automatically notified by the Registrar of Civil Status. For more information, visit the Retraite Quebec website.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: