To participate in the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)You must first register as a volunteer with the CVITP at canada.ca/taxes-volunteer. If you intend on transmitting returns by EFILE under the CVITP, you must also apply for an EFILE number.
To renew your account, log in with your EFILE number and password, and select "Renew account" on the resulting webpage.
Yearly renewal is mandatory for your continued participation in electronic filing. An invitation to renew your account will be sent each year towards the end of October.
All account renewals must be done online.
The account renewal option is available to all registered users of EFILE, including those participants who filed through a third party transmitter.
When you renew your account, you will see your current EFILE account information. Since we use this information to contact you throughout the year, please ensure that the following information is current:
- mailing address;
- EMAIL address;
- contact person;
- telephone number with the extension; and
- fax number.
Issuance of password
The system will verify the submitted form and will generate error messages, if applicable. Make any required corrections, and resubmit the form. Once the form has been accepted and your account renewed, the system will display a confirmation page, similar to the following example, which will contain your new password.
EFILE – account renewal confirmation
Date/Time: 2018/06/29 11:43:01 AM
This confirms receipt of your request to renew your participation in EFILE. Your new password is shown below. Processing of your application may take up to 30 days. We will notify you when we have completed the suitability screening.
If necessary, please update your current software with your new password to avoid transmission failures.
EFILE number: Z0000
Email address: AAA@CC.CA
1 II DRIVE
- Contact the Sudbury EFILE Helpdesk at 1-800-361-6283, should you have any questions.
- Check out the What's New page on the CRA's EFILE Web site at canada.ca/efile for important information, updates and links to resources available to you.
- Important messages are regularly communicated to inform you of any system changes, maintenance schedules, filing deadlines, suitability screening status, and significant issues from other areas within the agency.
- Check your email programs to ensure that spam filters, junk mailboxes, firewalls, etc. are not configured such that they prevent you from receiving the tax messages. This occurs when your computer identifies the incoming emails from EFILE-TED "noreply@Canada.ca" as spam and dumps them into a junk folder.
- Form T183, Information Return for Electronic Filing of an Individual's Income Tax and Benefit Return must be completed and signed by the taxpayer prior to transmission of the return.
- Print this page and keep it with your records. Your EFILE number and password are needed to use the electronic filing services and to renew your EFILE participation online next filing season. Remember, your password is confidential and must remain protected.
Suitability screening is performed on all EFILE participants. This process may take up to 30 days. To allow enough time for the review of your application before the filing season starts, we encourage you to renew your application as soon as possible.
When we have completed the screening and if you have successfully met the criteria, we will notify you by email. If you have not successfully met the criteria, we will notify you by mail explaining the reason(s).
When is a new application necessary
Although most fields on the renewal form can be modified as necessary, a limited number of fields cannot. Changes to these fields are considered significant enough to require a new application and a new EFILE number and password. The specific fields that cannot be revised (once submitted) are the following:
- Name of proprietorship, partnership, or corporation;
- Business Number;
- Federal Partnership Identification Number;
- Business type; and
- Name of business official or principal owner.
If your business has undergone one or more of the following changes, you must submit a new application:
- a business is sold;
- a business's organizational structure, partnership composition, or controlling interest changes;
- branch sites or managing offices are added;
- names of firms or business names change; or
- partners or corporate officers change.
Contact your EFILE Helpdesk if you need more information about your specific situation. If you do submit a new application, contact your EFILE Helpdesk and ask them to cancel your existing EFILE number and password.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: