Frequently asked questions
1. Who can use GST/HST NETFILE?
GST/HST NETFILE is available to all GST/HST registrants, excluding those with accounts that are administered by Revenu Québec.
2. Can I file a return with an amount owing?
Yes. Go to Make a payment to the Canada Revenue Agency to find out your payment options.
3. Can First Nations Tax (FNT) accounts use the service?
Yes. However, after filing your return, you still have to mail Form GST 499 (the corresponding FNT schedule) to the Prince Edward Island Tax Centre.
4. Can my accountant use GST/HST NETFILE to file my return/rebate?
If your accountant is authorized to file GST/HST returns/rebates on your behalf, he or she may use GST/HST NETFILE.
Note that your access code is your personal security key to filing your return/rebate using GST/HST NETFILE. Please do not give your access code to anyone not authorized to act on your behalf.
5. Is GST/HST NETFILE the only electronic filing service available for GST/HST returns?
In addition, the GST/HST EDI Filing and Remitting program allows you to file your returns and send your payments using electronic data interchange (EDI) technology.
However, if you need to file Schedule A you can only do so using GST/HST NETFILE. You can file Schedule B and Schedule C using either GST/HST NETFILE or the GST/HST EDI Filing and Remitting program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: