Proof of income statement (option "C" print)
You might need to provide proof of income to a bank, a government, or others when you apply for a loan, to qualify for a benefit or subsidy, or for other reasons.
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) can provide you with a proof of income statement (or an "option 'C' print"), which is a simple generic version of your tax assessment. This document summarizes your income and deductions for a specific tax year.
How to get a proof of income statement (option 'C' print)
You can get your proof of income statement online or by mail.
- By logging in to the CRA's My Account, you can click on "Proof of income" statement (option 'C' print). This allows you to view and print a proof of income statement right away. Not signed up for My Account? Register now.
- By logging in to the MyCRA mobile app, you can request CRA mail you a proof of income statement.
- By calling the CRA's automated Tax Information Phone Service, you can request a statement and the CRA will mail it to you.
Please note that it could take up to ten business days before you receive your proof of income statement (option C print) by mail.
Why the online proof of income statement looks different from the one CRA mails out
The document that you will receive in the mail is titled "Income Tax Return Information" and also has the section 241 stamp. The online version is titled "Notice of Assessment", and does not have the section 241 stamp. Although the online version and the mailed version look different, both contain the same information (date, social insurance number, and key information to validate income) and both are official CRA documents that can prove your income for a specific tax year.
Infographic: Proof of income statement (PDF)
Proof of income statement (option ‘C’ print). There are many reasons why you might need a proof of income statement – like to apply for a loan, or to qualify for a benefit or subsidy. Now you can view and print your statement in the CRA’s My Account!
- Date printed
- Social insurance number is fully displayed
- Key information is easy to read
Not registered for My Account? Sign up now, at cra.gc.ca/myaccount