My Account – What’s new
My Account BETA
The Canada Revenue Agency is constantly looking at ways to enhance its service to Canadians by maintaining and improving our digital services. As of October 18, 2021 we’ve made some new enhancements to improve your experience in the CRA’s My Account. Try out My Account’s new look to access most of the tax and benefit information you need. To use the new BETA platform, all you need to do is opt-in after you sign in to My Account.
Services including View mail, Statement of Account, RRSP and TFSA limits, Notification preferences, Personal profile, and more are offered in the BETA.
You can use either version to view and manage most of your individual account information. While the BETA is available, you can switch between the BETA and legacy version of My Account as often as you’d like!
What is a BETA?
The My Account BETA allows you to try the new platform in the final stages of development. The look and feel will be improved, and you can complete many tasks in this version.
If you do not see the BETA option, you may not be using the full version of My Account. In order to use all of the services, including trying the BETA, please enter your security code. For more information, to go: Registration process to access the CRA login services - Canada.ca
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- To help make CRA sign-in services more secure, the CRA has introduced Multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all users. MFA requires users to enter a one-time passcode each time they sign in to CRA's digital services. Users can choose to have their one-time passcode sent to their phone or to generate it through a passcode grid. For more info visit Multi-factor authentication to access CRA login services - Canada.ca.
- Updates have been made to the terminology used in the CRA's secure portals. Login has been changed to Sign in and Logout has been changed to Sign out.
E-notification – Confirm my representative
- To help taxpayers protect their personal and tax information, the CRA is introducing a digital two-step verification process to confirm new authorized representatives using My Account.
- When a representative submits a new authorization request through Represent a Client, the client will be notified by email, if signed up for email notifications. The client will then have the ability to confirm or deny the authorization request using the new "Confirm my Representative" button found in the Authorized Representatives section of My Account.
Submit Document – updates
- Registered Plans Audit: My Account users and or their representatives (through Represent a Client) are now able to submit supporting documents online for Registered Plans Audit without the use of a case or reference number (Unsolicited).
- GST/HST Rebates: My Account users and or their representatives (through Represent a Client) will now have the ability to upload additional supporting documents as part of their GST/HST rebate filing process through the submit documents.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: