Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS)
Personal Identification Number
You now have the option of using a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when calling the Individual Tax and Benefits enquiries lines. A PIN is a fast and secure way for you to identify yourself when calling the Canada Revenue Agency. You can setup a PIN in My Account.
To create a PIN with a call centre agent, you will need to provide personal information from your tax account.
You can get the information listed below from the automated Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) by calling 1-800-267-6999. Before you call, go to Authentication to know what information you should have on hand.
Remittance voucher and proof of income statement (also known as option C print)
You can request a personalized remittance voucher for a balance owing or an instalment payment. You can also request a proof of income statement for the 2019, 2018, and 2017 tax years.
This service allows you to check the status of your 2019 tax return, find out your estimated refund amount and when you can expect to receive your refund.
Individual Tax Account Balance Automated Service
This service allows you to check your tax account balance and find out your last payment amount and date.
Get personalized and general information on benefits and find out if you are eligible for the Canada child benefit (CCB), and the GST/HST credit, as well as the dates you can expect to receive them.
- CCB: Personalized information, including your estimated payment amount, is available from two weeks before through one week after each payment is issued. Payments are issued on the 20th of each month.
- GST/HST credit: Personalized information, including your estimated payment amount, is available from three weeks before through two weeks after each payment is issued. Payments are issued quarterly on the 5th day of January, April, July, and October.
Get general information and find out the amount of registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) contributions you can deduct on your current-year return—and if it applies, any unused contributions available for you to claim—as well as your tax-free savings account (TFSA) contribution room as of January 1 of the current year.
- RRSP: Personalized information is available from June to the end of April.
- TFSA: Personalized information is available from mid-February to the end of December.
Get general tax information for individuals and businesses.
To use Telerefund or to get personalized information on your benefits or registered plans, be ready to give:
- your social insurance number;
- your month and year of birth; and
- the total income you entered on line 15000 of your 2019 return.
To get your tax account balance or to request a proof of income statement, be ready to give:
- your social insurance number;
- your day, month, and year of birth; and
- the total income you entered on line 15000 of either your 2019 or line 150 of your 2018 tax return.
To request a remittance voucher, be ready to give:
- your social insurance number; and
- your day, month, and year of birth;
To request a remittance voucher or a proof of income statement, you will also have to confirm your postal code.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: