Regional Protective Services Officer
Do not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Job Category||Entry Level|
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$51,760 - $62,970|
|Language Requirement||Bilingual Imperative
(BBC / BBC)
- Monitor/administer activities in support of access controls.
- Monitor and respond to emergency/safety situations to ensure the protection of life, facility and property by maintaining an acceptable level of order, control and safety.
- Ensure the protection of CSIS property and the personal property of employees and visitors by conducting safety and security patrols.
- Respond, assist and monitor all activities related to an evacuation of the complex.
- In cooperation with team members, train and mentor new officers to the team.
- Prepare shift, incident and monthly statistical reports related to all safety and security activities.
- Conduct random security searches and report anomalies.
- Respond to internal and public telephone lines, National Service Call Center queries and maintain local call log.
- Undergraduate degree
- College diploma
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of experience
- College diploma and two (2) years of experience
Recent experience within the last five (5) years in a protective services and security related function. This refers to a role in the protection of assets, operations and employees from various security threats.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Client Service
- Interpersonal Skills
Conditions of Employment
- Must be willing to work twelve (12) hour shifts on a rotational basis.
- Must be willing to wear a uniform and assigned personal protection equipment.
Please note that this is an anticipatory process which will establish a pool of qualified candidates to staff potential vacancies in the location(s) mentioned above.
Please note that this is a unionized position.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: