ImportantDo not discuss your application with others (including on social media) besides your partner, or close family members - who should also be reminded about the need to be discreet.
|Reference Number||19- 968-08-011|
|Who Can Apply||Canadian Citizens|
|Salary Range||$78,800 - $95,870
$69,350 - $84,360
Bilingual imperative (BBB/BBB)
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is seeking applications for a career in technology in the regional offices of the Service.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Plan, lead and conduct information collection activities and technical analysis on data related to intelligence gathering capabilities.
- Participate in the preparation of operational plans and carry out special operations in support of regional investigations.
- Collaborate with policy center in order to develop, design, test, evaluate and support new as well existing systems.
- Develop, design, test, evaluate, deploy and support computer based aids for operational requirements.
- Lead assigned projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Make recommendations required in order to maintain and improve current intelligence gathering capabilities.
- Provide timely support to clients for issues and liaise closely with service providers pertaining to operational requests.
- Undergraduate degree and three (3) years of experience. Underfill – one (1) year of experience.
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and four (4) years of experience. Underfill – two (2) years of experience.
Field of studies: Information/Computer Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Security, Electrical, Electronics.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Underfill: An individual development plan will be established for the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience of the employee.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Candidates must possess experience in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Experience with networks and network security (switches, routers, Virtual Private Networks, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems);
- Experience in computer security fundamentals and concepts;
- Experience with the administration of Virtualization technologies;
- Experience in infrastructure and internet protocols;
- Experience with telecommunication technologies;
- Experience with operating systems;
- Experience with programming and scripting languages;
- Experience in leading projects;
- Experience in material and software configuration and troubleshooting;
- Experience with hard drive, cell phone legal analysis tools;
- Experience with computer and mobile programming and forensics.
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
Conditions of Employment
- Bilingual imperative (BBB/BBB)
Note: For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The positions are designed CS; therefore, the employee may be eligible for a terminable allowance of 7% of the annual salary (4% if underfill level).
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet each Education and Experience criteria. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the career opportunity.
CSIS is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). CSIS has its own classification, compensation system, and a different staffing regime. As such, we use a different staffing process and terminology.
CSIS is committed to diversity and inclusion and the equitable participation of all Canadians. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
The personal information provided in your application is protected under the Privacy Act and will be held in Personal Information Bank SIS/P-PU-025.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: