Get involved in the Circular Economy
Everyone has a role in advancing the circular economy. Canadians are finding creative ways to recycle or repurpose items, reduce food waste, and repair things instead of throwing them out. These are all aspects of the circular economy—and they all contribute to a greener, cleaner, and more prosperous future. Actions don't have to be complicated to be effective. Here are some examples of ways you can help:
- Using sharing programs such as tool libraries, vehicle and bike shares, and movie and music streaming.
- Purchasing products made from recycled materials.
- Repairing products or buying refurbished products instead of new ones.
- Supporting companies that offer to take back their packaging or products after they are used.
- Reusing or upcycling used household items.
- Considering package-free and zero-waste options.
Check out other ways you can help. Try aiming for zero plastic waste.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: