Canada at COP27
An overview of Canada’s actions at COP27.
Monday November 21
Friday November 18
Thursday November 17
- Canada signs-on to Net-Zero Government Initiative
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis Indigenous leaders shared their views on the role of Indigenous Climate Leadership (ICL) in addressing climate change.
Wednesday November 16
- Ocean Risk and Resilience Action Alliance: Canadian Funding Supports Global Coastal and Ocean Resilience projects
- The Honourable Steven Guilbeault laying the groundwork at COP27 to achieve strong nature commitments in Montréal at COP15
Tuesday November 15
- Carbon joins with partners to roll out the Global Carbon Pricing Challenge
- Canada supports the global transition to clean and secure energy with investments to phase-out coal electricity around the world
- Minister Guilbeault delivers Canada's National Statement at COP27
Saturday November 12
Friday November 11
- Statement: Canada joins Joint Declaration from Energy Importers and Exporters on Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Fossil Fuels
- Joint Declaration from Energy Importers and Exporters on Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Fossil Fuels - United States Department of State
- The Honourable Minister Guilbeault met with Canadian youth delegates to discuss climate change and how Canada can better include youth in climate discussions and solutions.
Thursday November 10
- Canada and the United States to take further actions to address emissions from North American oil and gas sector
- The Honourable Minister Guilbeault participated in a panel discussion with Canadian youth at the Canada Pavilion on ways to enhance climate literacy and education in Canada. To effectively combat climate change in a way that is inclusive and sustainable, collaboration across all generations is required. Read about inspiring young Canadians who are helping to fight climate change.
Wednesday November 9
- Minister of Transport announces Canadian Green Shipping Corridors Framework and Canada joining the Zero-Emission Shipping Mission
- With climate finance front and centre at COP27, Canada helping to respond to priorities of developing countries
Wednesday November 2
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: