Learn more about food labels, food labelling requirements, buying food grown or prepared in Canada, how to report a concern, and access technical documents for industry.
Services and information
Food labelling changes
About the improvements to the nutrition facts table and list of ingredients.
Documents for industry that outline rules for specific labelling requirements.
Understanding food labels
About nutrition facts tables, serving size, the list of ingredients, percent daily value and nutrition claims.
Food label requirements
Industry Labelling Tool for Canadian food inspectors and stakeholders.
Shopping for Canadian food
How foods that are grown or made in Canada are labelled and what "Product of Canada" and "Made in Canada" labels mean.
Report a food labelling concern
How to report a food label concern, including regulation and mislabelling issues.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Update on the 2016 Nutrition Labelling Regulations
- Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations - Nutrition Labelling, Other Labelling Provisions and Food Colours
- Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Nutrition Symbols, Other Labelling Provisions, Partially Hydrogenated Oils and Vitamin D) in Part I of the Canada Gazette
- Foods and Drugs Act
- Food and Drug Regulations
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: