Report a health and safety concern

It is important to report side effects (adverse reactions), injuries, and other product-related health and safety concerns so we can make important safety decisions about the products you use.

If you are a health or industry professional, please see adverse reaction reporting for specific products.

If you are a Canadian consumer, choose the category below that best describes the product you want to report. Examples of each kind of product are provided to help you choose.


If you are suffering from a side effect (adverse reaction) or a serious injury related to a product, you should contact your doctor, health professional, local health authority, or provincial poison control centre.

Services and information

Child car seats

You can report a safety-related problem with your child car seat to Transport Canada. Examples: infant restraint systems, child restraint systems, and booster seats.

Consumer products

You can report a health or safety-related issue with a consumer product to Health Canada. Examples: cosmetics, children's products, small appliances, housewares, household chemicals, toys, and sports equipment.

Food safety / food labelling

You can report food safety and food labelling concerns to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Examples: dairy, egg products, fish, seafood, honey, fresh/processed fruits and vegetables, organic products, meat and poultry, and food served in restaurants.

Vehicles and tires

You can report a safety-related problem with your vehicle or your tires to Transport Canada

Drugs--Side effects

You can report suspected side effects (adverse reactions) to drugs (medicines) marketed in Canada, including prescription and non-prescription (over-the-counter) drugs, to Health Canada. Examples: pharmaceutical drugs, biologics (like insulin and certain vaccines), radiopharmaceuticals, disinfectants, and sanitizers with disinfectant claims.

Drugs--Product Safety

You can report complaints regarding drug safety (other than adverse reactions) to Health Canada. Examples: health product quality, labelling errors, contamination, tampering, counterfeit products, sale of unlicensed products on the Internet.

Medical devices

You can report medical device-related incidents to Health Canada by completing a Health Product Complaint Form. Examples: defibrillators, syringes, surgical lasers, hip implants, X-ray and ultrasound devices, contact lenses, and condoms.

Natural health products

You can report suspected side effects (adverse reactions) to natural health products to Health Canada. Examples: herbal products, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, traditional Chinese medicines, and homeopathic medicines.


You should report pesticide incidents (like suspected adverse effects to humans, animals, or the environment) to the manufacturer listed on the pesticide label, who must by law report it to Health Canada. You can also report an incident directly to Health Canada. Examples: insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides.

Radiation-Emitting Devices

You can report a side effect (adverse reaction) to--or an incident with--a radiation-emitting device to the Consumer and Clinical Radiation Protection Bureau. Examples: ultrasound equipment, X-ray devices, microwave ovens, tanning equipment, and lasers. For radiation-emitting devices used to diagnose or treat a medical condition, you can voluntarily report adverse reactions and injuries to the Medical Devices Program.


Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: