Canadian Special Operations Forces Command Headquarters (HQ)
About the unit
CANSOFCOM HQ is a joint, integrated command headquarters that provides operational level command and control to CANSOFCOM. We advise and assist the Commander of CANSOFCOM by offering support in:
- force development and management;
- force sustainment;
- force generation; and
- force employment.
We provide the command with the following:
- Command and Control of all units and Special Operations Forces (SOF) operations around the globe
- Continental staff functions
- J2 Intelligence
- J3 Operations
- J5 Plans
- J6 Signals
- J7 Training
- Force Development
- Development of future force capability concepts
- Project direction for the implementation of new capabilities
- Capability management
- Coordination of procurement activities
- Coordination of SOF Specific Research and Development
- Force Management
- J1 Personnel
- SOF Occupation Management
- Personnel Selection
- Organization and Establishment
- Civilian Staffing
- Force Sustainment
- J4 Logistics
- J8 Finance
- Business Planning and Corporate Reporting
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Special Advisors
- Public Affairs
- Provost Marshal
- Integral support to HQ members
Our headquarters is comprised of a motivated and diverse collection of non-commissioned members, officers and civilians who are specialists in leadership, human resources, policy, finance, and procurement.
In addition to sharing the Canadian Forces core values, our headquarters’ members embody the SOF values of:
- creativity; and
All headquarters members of the command are fully trained in their trade and come from the Canadian Army, Royal Canadian Navy, Royal Canadian Air Force, Canadian Forces Intelligence Command (CFINTCOM), and Military Personnel Command (MILPERSCOM).
To join the headquarters a member must apply and be screened. All military members of the headquarters complete the Special Operations Common Environmental Training (SOCET) course prior to being permitted to wear the distinctive SOF tan beret.
As part of a transformation initiative, the Chief of the Defence Staff created CANSOFCOM on February 1, 2006. The headquarters was then established to support the Commander and units of the command. Today, CANSOFCOM HQ is a highly effective operational headquarters commanding real-time operations and managing the force.
Join our unit
If you are interested in joining, please contact our recruiting office by telephone at 1-613-990-3907 or 1-613-945-2114, or by email at email@example.com.
Public Affairs Officer
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: