The Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsperson is comprised of three collaborative working groups.
Complaints and Examination Section
The Intake Team:
- Responds to enquiries;
- Informs complainants about the CRA service complaint process; and
- Facilitates complaints referrals to CRA Service Feedback.
The Individual Examination Team:
- Conducts objective examinations of complaints;
- Evaluates quality of service delivered by the CRA; and
- Makes recommendations based on findings and evidence.
The Systemic Examination Team:
- Examines issues that affect many taxpayers;
- Gets information from the public, complainants, the CRA, and other stakeholders; and
- Analyzes information and identifies opportunities to improve the quality of service the CRA delivers.
The Communications Team helps to raise awareness of taxpayers' rights and the services provided by the OTO.
- Provides strategic advice on public affairs and stakeholder engagement;
- Responds to media inquiries;
- Identifies and coordinates communications and outreach activities; and
- Manages the Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsperson's website and social media.
The Corporate Services Team ensures organizational effectiveness and accountability.
- Provides advice and integrated organizational services; and
- Conducts corporate planning, quality assurance, financial management, human resources management, information management, ATIP requests, contracting and information technology services.
- Date modified: