Radio Operations (RO) Group Definition
Pursuant to paragraph 11.1(1)(b) of the Financial Administration Act, the Treasury Board of Canada herby provides notice that the definition of the Radio Operations Group effective as published in Part I of the Canada Gazette on is revised as follows upon the effective date of the Police Operations Support Group, .
The Radio Operations Group comprises positions that are primarily involved in the operation of electronic equipment to communicate information for the safety of life at sea, the protection of the environment and the efficient movement of marine vessels, and to monitor radio aids to marine navigation, and the provision of associated advisory services.
Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, for greater certainty, it includes positions that have, as their primary purpose, responsibility for one or more of the following activities:
- the operation of radio communications equipment at Marine Communications and Traffic Services Centres or on Canadian Coast Guard ships as a radio operator acting in a relief capacity;
- the performance of vessel traffic services at a Marine Communications and Traffic Services Centre;
- the planning and development of standards and procedures and the management of communications networks dealing with radio operations and with the delivery of vessel traffic services and flight information services;
- the development, direction and delivery of associated training and evaluation programs, and the issuance of certificates through legislative delegation;
- the analysis and evaluation of proposals from NAV CANADA and other flight information service providers; and
- the leadership of radio operations and vessel traffic services at Marine Communications and Traffic Services Centres.
Positions excluded from the Radio Operations Group are those whose primary purpose is included in the definition of any other group or those in which one or more of the following activities is of primary importance:
- the operation of radio equipment aboard Canadian Coast Guard ships as defined in the Ships’ Officers Group;
- the operation of electronic equipment for the purpose of making and analyzing ionosphere measurements;
- the maintenance and repair of electronic and associated electro-mechanical or electrical equipment;
- the operation of meteorological communication networks; and
- the provision of a marine information service within a Regional Marine Information Centre;
- the planning, development, conduct or management of telecommunications operations in support of police operations;
- the planning, development, conduct or management of lawfully authorized telecommunications interceptions in support of police operations.
Job Evaluation Standard
Radio Operations (RO) Job Evaluation Standard
To obtain a copy of the RO Job Evaluation Standard please contact TBS Public Enquiries.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: