These technical specifications (T-120) set out the requirements for the official typeface for the visual identity of the Government of Canada. Consult your Federal Identity Program coordinator for more information.
- Helvetica is the official typeface for the visual identity of the Government of Canada. This includes typeface designs with minor variations under the names Helvetica and Helvetica Neue.
- Using the official typeface is mandatory for departmental and Government of Canada signatures, text on government signage and motor vehicle markings.
- Using electronic copies of the typeface distributed through the Federal Identity Program is subjected to the terms and conditions of a licence agreement.
For information on the licence agreement and copies of the typeface contact your Federal Identity Program coordinator.
- Policy on Communications and Federal Identity
- FIP Manual - 1.1 Design: Symbols, typography signatures, colour
Note: If there is a discrepancy between an official Treasury Board policy instrument and information on this Web page, the Treasury Board policy or standard prevails.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: