These technical specifications (T-270) set out the requirements for departments producing letterhead for Ministers and their offices. Consult your Federal Identity Program coordinator for more information.
Figure T-270: Illustration of the arrangement of a symmetrical Arms of Canada signature and the Canada Wordmark on letter and legal size paper.
- Reproduction method: offset printing
- Letter size: 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 in.)
- Legal size: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 in.)
- Colour/grade: white bond
- Brightness: ≥92% (95% ISO brightness)
- Weight: 75–90 g/m2 (20–24 lb.)
- Signature typeface: Helvetica Light
- Signature type size: 9 or 10 point
- Canada Wordmark: 30 mm wide
- Ink colours:
- all text is black (Process Black) and flag symbol is red (Pantone 032) for ministers;
- text is black (Process Black) and flag symbol is black (Process Black) for offices of ministers;
- Arms of Canada is 40% screen of black using 150 line screen
- The Arms of Canada and the Canada Wordmark are aligned to the centre of the letterhead.
- The top of the Arms of Canada is 11 mm from the top edge.
- The bottom of the Canada Wordmark is 13 mm from the bottom edge.
- Official languages
- Ministers determine the order of precedence of official languages in the identifying signature for their letterhead.
- FIP Policy
- FIP Manual - 2.1 Stationery: Ministers, parliamentary secretaries and their offices
- Policy on Green Procurement (PWGSC)
Note: If there is a discrepancy between an official Treasury Board policy instrument and information on this Web page, the Treasury Board policy or standard prevails.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: