Travel on government business
The National Joint Council Travel Directive provides for the reimbursement of reasonable expenses incurred while travelling on government business.
The directive is co-developed by participating bargaining agents and public service employers. It applies to public service employees, exempt staff and other persons travelling on government business, including training.
Quick Reference - Appendices
- Appendix A - Guide to Insurance Coverage for Employees on Government Travel
- Appendix B –Kilometric Rates –Modules 1, 2 and 3
- Appendix C - Allowances - Modules 1, 2 and 3 (Canada/USA Meal and Incidental Rates)
- Appendix D –Allowances –Module 4 (International Meal and Incidental Rates)
- Appendix E - Blanket travel authority templates - Module 1 - Travel within headquarters area
Read the latest National Joint Council communiqués from the Government Travel Committee for updates related to travel provisions.
Note: Travel for ministers, members of Parliament, heads of departments and agencies, and executives is governed through a separate Special Travel Authorities policy.
Other Government of Canada Travel Resources
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: