First notice to employees of the core public administration regarding the Treasury Board obligations under the Pay Equity Act
October 14, 2021
As per subsection 14(1) of the Pay Equity Act, the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) on behalf of the Treasury Board of Canada (TB), is notifying employees of the core public administration of the TB’s obligation to establish a pay equity plan. This notice is applicable to employees, as defined in the Pay Equity Act, in organizations listed in Schedules I and IV of the Financial Administration Act, other than members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
The TBS will make all reasonable efforts to establish a pay equity committee to develop and finalize a pay equity plan. The requirements for the committee membership are:
- At least two-thirds of the members must represent employees;
- At least 50% of the members must be women;
- At least one member must be a person selected by the employer;
- Each bargaining agent with members to whom the pay equity plan relates must select at least one person to be a member; and
- At least one member must be a person selected by non-unionized employees, as defined in the Pay Equity Act.
The committee member(s) designated to represent non-unionized employees is to be selected by those employees by a majority of votes.
For more information about this notice, please visit Canada.ca or contact your organization’s human resources department.
- Date modified: