1 Wing Kingston
1 Wing Kingston is located at Canadian Forces Base Kingston. It is the home of Canada’s tactical aviation capability. Equipped with a mixed fleet of CH-146 Griffon and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, 1 Wing provides integrated tactical aviation airpower effects for the Canadian Army, the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command, and the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) as part of Canada’s national and international objectives. Our personnel are highly trained, dedicated professionals who maintain a culture of uncompromising standards, safety and operational fitness to deliver combat-effective airpower. 1 Wing consists of a Formation Headquarters and seven Total Force (employing both Regular and Reserve force personnel) RCAF squadrons distributed across Canada.
The oldest Wing in Canadian military aviation, No. 1 Canadian Wing Royal Air Force was formed in 1919 and disbanded in 1920. Over the following decades, 1 Wing was re-instated and moved several times: Winnipeg, 1925; Montreal, 1950, in the RCAF Reserve Group as part of Air Defence Command with operational responsibility for the defence of North America; England, 1951, in support of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO); Marville, France, 1955; and Lahr, Germany, in 1967.
Read more about the history of 1 Wing Kingston.
1 Wing Headquarters
Sergeant KS Smith CD Building
Canadian Forces Base Kingston
PO Box 17000 Stn Forces
Kingston ON K7K 7B4
Phone: 613-541-5010 Ext 8251
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: