14 Wing Greenwood
14 Wing is located at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Greenwood. Nestled in the heart of Nova Scotia's beautiful Annapolis Valley rests 14 Wing Greenwood, the largest air base on the East Coast. Aurora crews conduct sovereignty and surveillance missions over the Atlantic Ocean routinely, while search and rescue capabilities are maintained 365 days of the year.
14 Wing will be Canada’s leader in developing and applying air power for airborne intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and control and transport and rescue in global, joint and combined operations.
In 1942, CFB Greenwood was established as Royal Air Force Station as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP). The BCATP was a plan to expand all Commonwealth air forces. In keeping with this objective, Greenwood was used as a training base during WWII, and before the end of the war, produced operational forces.
Read more about the history of 14 Wing Greenwood.
- 404 Long Range Patrol and Training Squadron
- 405 Long Range Patrol Squadron
- 413 Transport and Rescue Squadron
- 415 Long Range Patrol Force Development Squadron
- 14 Air Maintenance Squadron
- 14 Construction Engineering Squadron (at Bridgewater)
- 91 Construction Engineering Flight (at Gander)
- 143 Construction Engineering Flight (at Lunenburg)
- 144 Construction Engineering Flight (at Pictou)
- 14 Wing Air Reserve Flight
14 Wing Public Affairs Officer
14 Wing CFB Greenwood
PO Box 5000, Stn Main
Greenwood NS B0P 1N0
Phone: 902-765-1494 Ext 5101
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: