Have a business idea but don’t know where to start? We can help!
ACOA helps businesses grow in Atlantic Canada. We provide entrepreneurs with the resources and information they need to start and run a business.
No matter what stage of growth your business is in, ACOA Business Information Services can help. It is your one-stop information shop across a variety of topics and multiple levels of government.
You can receive information on the following topics within 1-2 business days:
- Business startup guides - help you stay organized as you build your business
- Over 10,000 business templates, including HR templates, legal forms, cash flow spreadsheets, and more to help keep your business running smoothly
- Business plan templates and marketing plan samples will help you write a winning plan
- Company structures – learn the difference between a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, and non-profit organization
- Business name – choose and register your business identity
- Government regulations, including information on taxes
- Permits and licences – what you need to operate legally
- Intellectual property – how to register your invention or trademark your brand
- Imports and exports – how to move goods and services across the Canadian border
- Financing – see what funding options exist for your business
ACOA Business Information Services provide:
- Reliable market research information such as:
- Demographics information (age, household income, marital status, etc.)
- Potential competitors
- Suppliers and distributors
- Industry performance information
- International market and industry data
- Financial benchmarking specific to your industry
- Consumer trends
- Import and export statistics
- Professional business plan reviews
- Traffic volume data
- …and much more!
Contact us today!
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Atlantic time)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: