Liaison Officer service
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers a free Liaison Officer service to owners of small businesses and self-employed individuals to help them understand their tax obligations with no tax consequences. A visit from a Liaison Officer is 100% confidential: the information you choose to discuss with a Liaison Officer stays with them and will not be shared.
How can this service help you?
There are two ways that businesses can benefit from the Liaison Officer service:
- in-person visits
- seminars (pre-arranged groups)
During an in-person visit, a Liaison Officer will:
- Answer your tax-related questions and address concerns
- Discuss common tax errors and financial benchmarks in the small business community
- Provide information on various tools and services offered by the CRA
- Offer to review your books and records, and provide recommendations on how to strengthen your bookkeeping system
During a seminar, the Liaison Officer will:
- Explain common tax errors
- Demonstrate how to use financial benchmarks for relevant industries
- Provide information on the CRA’s services
- Explain general bookkeeping concepts and best practices
- CRA Multimedia library
- Information for small businesses
- Information for all businesses
- Financial Performance Data
- Make a payment to the Canada Revenue Agency
- My Business Account
- RC4022 General Information for GST/HST Registrants
- T4002 Business and Professional Income 2016
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Voluntary Disclosures Program
To receive updates on new documents, policies, guidelines, and forms, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency
- Subscribe to our Business - Tax information newsletter electronic mailing list.
- Add our Business - Tax information newsletter RSS feed to your feed reader.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: