Liaison Officer service
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers a free Liaison Officer service to owners of small unincorporated businesses to help them understand their tax obligations. A visit from a Liaison Officer does not constitute an audit, and will not result in the CRA making reassessments to past tax filings.
How can this service help you?
There are two ways that businesses can benefit from the Liaison Officer service:
- in-person visits
- seminars (pre-arranged groups)
During an in-person visit, a Liaison Officer will:
- Answer your tax-related questions and address concerns
- Discuss common tax errors and financial benchmarks in the small business community
- Provide information on various tools and services offered by the CRA
- Offer to review your books and records, and provide recommendations on how to strengthen your bookkeeping system
During a seminar, the Liaison Officer will:
- Explain common tax errors
- Demonstrate how to use financial benchmarks for relevant industries
- Provide information on the CRA’s services
- Explain general bookkeeping concepts and best practices
To receive updates on new documents, policies, guidelines, and forms, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency
- Subscribe to our Business - Tax information newsletter electronic mailing list.
- Add our Business - Tax information newsletter RSS feed to your feed reader.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: