Description of Canadian Heritage accessibility feedback process
Ways to provide feedback
There are many ways you can provide feedback on accessibility:
- fill the online questionnaire
- use Video Relay Service (American Sign Language [ASL] or langue des signes québécoise [LSQ])
- use TTY at 1-888-997-3123
You can also contact the Engagement Analyst from the Canadian Heritage Accessibility Office by:
- phone at 1-866-811-0055
- mail at 15 Eddy Street, Gatineau, QC J8X 4B3
If you require any additional tool to provide feedback, you can email or call us at 1-866-811-0055.
Alternate formats of this feedback mechanism
- ASL version of the accessibility feedback questionnaire
- LSQ version of the accessibility feedback questionnaire (In French only)
You can request by email the following versions of our feedback mechanism description or questionnaire:
- large print (larger and clearer font)
- braille (a system of raised dots that people who are blind or who have low vision can read with their fingers)
- audio (a recording of someone reading the text out loud)
If you require any other format, email us.
Providing your feedback anonymously
You can provide feedback and remain fully anonymous if you use the online questionnaire, the phone or Video Relay Service. To ensure anonymity, do not state your name or provide any identifying information.
If you are using an email address that includes your name and want to remain anonymous, state that you would like your feedback to remain anonymous. That way, we will not identify you with anyone beyond Canadian Heritage’s Accessibility Office.
For physical mail, if you would like to remain fully anonymous, please do not include your return address on the envelope. If you would like to receive an acknowledgement with a response regarding your feedback, please let us know within your feedback that you would like to remain anonymous but receive a response back. We will not identify you with anyone beyond the Accessibility Office.
Please note that all feedback will be anonymized when we report publicly on all feedback.
What can you provide feedback on
You can provide feedback on 1 or more of the following items:
- Canadian Heritage’s Accessibility Plan 2023-2025
- the accessibility of:
- our programs
- our services
- our communications
- any other matter related to accessibility
Your feedback is important. It will help us identify and break down accessibility barriers.
Please refrain from including any personal or sensitive information about yourself or others when submitting your feedback.
What we will do with your feedback
We will acknowledge receipt by email to comments received through the online questionnaire or by email within 5 business days.
Acknowledging receipt for comments made by other means will take longer. We will reply to those by the same means of communication used to communicate with us.
Note that finding answers or solutions to more complex issues might take more time. If that is the case for your comment(s), we will let you know within 5 business days upon receiving your feedback.
We will compile all comments and explain the follow up actions in our annual progress reports on accessibility and accessibility plans.
If you make comments through the online questionnaire, you will receive an automatic confirmation.
If you submit comments through other means, you will receive an acknowledgement and response by the same means of communications used to communicate with us.
Our acknowledgment message will include the following information:
- a confirmation that we have received comments
- our service standard for replying to comments
- a note regarding more complex issues that will take more time to solve
- Date modified: