Gender-Based Analysis Plus: General information — Departmental Plan 2018-2019 — Canadian Heritage
- To ensure that GBA+ is integrated in department decision-making processes, a GBA+ Responsibility Centre has been identified and a Community of Practice has been set up with representation for every Branch areas of the department.
- To improve organizational capacity and ensure that GBA+ is integrated into departmental decision-making processes during the 2018-19 fiscal year, PCH developed a GBA+ workplan that covers the following five areas:
- Mainstreaming GBA+ into the Policy cycle and corporate activities;
- Developing Institutional capacity
- Training across Departmental Business lines
- Strengthening Data Collection, Research and Evaluation
- The Department's existing Senior Management and Governance Committees will be used to review workplan progress and assess the extent to which GBA+ is included in decision-making within the department.
- Human resources
- Equivalent of 1 FTE is responsible for managing the Diversity and Inclusion Secretariat
- Equivalent of 2 FTEs manage and staff GBA+ Responsibility Centre.
- 47 departmental GBA+ focal points – branch representatives.
- 1 FTE coordinates the LGBTQ2 and Racialized Minorities advisory committees led by Human Resources and Workplace Management Branch.
- 3 (TBC) FTEs to coordinate the activities of the Department's Reconciliation Circle.
- Planned initiatives
Here are the corporate initiatives underway to respond to the Government-wide call for action on Gender-based Analysis Plus (GBA+):
The Department has initiated a coordinated policy, planning and research approach to examine GBA+ from a variety of perspectives, including policy considerations, budget requests, data availability, and reporting opportunities.
The Department's Centre of responsibility for GBA+ will continue to ensure that GBA+ is adequately considered in new policy proposals to Cabinet and funding requests. It will also develop a Diversity and Inclusion Training Toolkit, and continue running its community of practice that includes representatives from all branches of the Department.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: