Make a request: Access to Information and Privacy - Canadian Heritage
There are two types of requests:
- Access to Information Requests when seeking general departmental records
- Privacy Requests when seeking records containing your personal information
You may make a request by mail or online by describing the records you are seeking and including any relevant details to help the ATIP Secretariat find the records you are requesting. Please note that a $5 application fee applies to access to information requests. There is no fee for privacy requests.
Submitting your request online
To make a request using the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request Service, you will be redirected to the Government of Canada ATIP Online Request portal. Click the “next” button on the bottom of the page and follow the instructions. You will be required to select Canadian Heritage from a list of Departments that are also accepting requests through the online service. In order to use this service, a credit card will be required to process the payment of the $5 application fee for access to information requests.
Mailing your request
To make a request by mail, complete either the Access to Information Request Form or the Personal Information Request Form, or write a letter indicating that your request is made in accordance with the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act. In the case of an access to information request, please include the $5 application fee in the form of a cheque or money order made payable to the Receiver General of Canada. Your request may be mailed to the ATIP Secretariat.
Principles on assistance to applicants
In processing your request for records, Canadian Heritage will:
- Process requests without regard to your identity;
- Offer reasonable assistance throughout the request process;
- Provide information on the Acts, including information on the processing of requests and the right to complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada or to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada;
- Inform you as appropriate and without undue delay when requests needs to be clarified;
- Make every reasonable effort to locate and retrieve the requested records under the control of the Department;
- Apply limited and specific exemptions to the requested records;
- Provide accurate and complete responses;
- Provide timely access to the requested records;
- Provide records in the format and official language requested, as appropriate;
- Provide an appropriate location within the Department to examine the requested records if you choose to do so.
Access to Information and Privacy Secretariat
25 Eddy Street, 3rd Floor
Gatineau QC J8X 4B5
- Date modified: