Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program
The objectives of the Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program are to:
- strengthen Indigenous cultural identity and participation in Canadian society
- preserve and revitalize Indigenous languages and cultures
The Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program offers two funding components to eligible Indigenous organizations:
Indigenous Languages Component
The Indigenous Languages Component supports the reclamation, revitalization, maintenance, and strengthening of Indigenous languages through community-driven activities. Expected results include the following:
- Indigenous communities have access to resources to deliver activities that incorporate Indigenous languages
- Indigenous individuals and groups are engaged in activities that strengthen Indigenous languages
- Indigenous individuals and groups are engaged as an integral part of Canadian society and embrace and share their languages with other Canadians
Read more about who can apply for funding through the Indigenous Languages Component of the Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program.
Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting
The Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting component supports the production and distribution of Indigenous audio and video content.
The objectives of the Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting component are to:
- support the production of culturally-relevant Indigenous programming
- facilitate establishment and maintenance of production facilities
- ensure availability of a significant amount of radio and television programming
- contribute to the protection and enhancement of Indigenous languages and cultures
- provide venues to articulate issues of relevance to Indigenous audiences and communities
Read more about who can apply for funding through the Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting component of the Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: