Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting – Aboriginal Peoples’ Program
The Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting (NAB) component of the Aboriginal Peoples' Program supports the production and distribution of Indigenous audio and video content.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization or group must be:
- a not-for-profit, democratically controlled Indigenous organization incorporated under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act or under corresponding provincial/territorial legislation; or
- a not-for-profit, democratically controlled independent Indigenous community group that include ad-hoc committees defined as a temporary committee set up to do a specific task (not a permanent standing committee); or
- a not-for-profit, democratically controlled non-Indigenous organization working in partnership with Indigenous organizations or Indigenous advisory committees in situations where Indigenous organizations/community groups do not exist.
In addition, your organization or group must provide broadcast communications north of the Hamelin Line, which is drawn at the 55th parallel and defines the Canadian North for purposes of policy.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines – Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting; and
- contact the Aboriginal Peoples’ Program of the Department of Canadian Heritage to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
Aboriginal Peoples' Program
15 Eddy St., 8th Floor
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: