Request for Expression of Interest Submision Guidelines - Aboriginal Language Initiative Third Party Delivery Organization
The Aboriginal Languages Initiative supports community-based projects that contribute to the preservation and revitalization of Indigenous languages in Canada.
Canadian Heritage is seeking to expand the third party delivery of Aboriginal Languages Initiative with a limited number of organizations on a pilot project basis annually until 2020. The third party organizations would assist with the management and delivery of project funding to recipients in their jurisdiction.
Canadian Heritage is inviting First Nation, Inuit or Métis eligible organizations to submit a response to this expression of interest for the third party delivery of the Aboriginal Languages Initiative in their jurisdiction. Eligible organizations consist of crown corporations (preference will be given to Indigenous-controlled crown corporations) and non for profit Indigenous-controlled cultural organizations.
The third party delivery organization will be required to administer the Aboriginal Languages Initiative in a fair, open and transparent manner in both federal official languages if necessary.
The third party delivery organization will ready to launch a call for proposals in their jurisdiction concurrently with the National Aboriginal Languages Initiative call for proposals at the end of October 2017.
Interested organizations are invited to submit a response to this expression of interest which provides:
- an overview of their organization (legal name, contact information, mandate, objectives, governance structure);
- their capacity to deliver community-based activities and projects related to languages and culture in their jurisdiction;
- their experience in delivering aboriginal language programs and initiatives;
- their experience related to third party delivery of provincial and/or federal programming; and
- a description of the support by Indigenous governments and organizations including letters of support and/or community reach.
Organizations must also demonstrate their capacity to deliver the Aboriginal Languages Initiative for October 2017.
- Invitation for submission to Expression of Interest
- September 15, 2017
- Expression of Interest Deadline
- October 6, 2017
No submissions will be accepted after the deadline. Please note that this is not a request for proposals but only an inquiry as to the interest in third party delivery.
The Department of Canadian Heritage reserves the right to solicit proposals from organizations deemed to most effectively meet the specific criteria and requirements.
Interested organizations are requested to submit their response to this expression of interest in writing to the following address by the closing date:
Aboriginal Affairs Directorate
15 Eddy Street, 8th Floor
by facsimile to (819) 953-2673
by email at PCH.autochtone-aboriginal.PCH@canada.ca
For further information:
- by email at: PCH.autochtone-aboriginal.PCH@canada.ca
- by telephone at (819) 934-5060. Please leave a clear and detailed message.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: