Programming: Presenter Support Organizations – Canada Arts Presentation Fund
The Presenter Support Organizations sub-component of the Canada Arts Presentation Fund (CAPF) provides financial assistance to organizations that offer activities and services to arts presenters (professional arts festivals and performing arts series presenters), in order to strengthen the arts presentation sector. Through strategic and focused support to presenter support organizations, arts presenters are better prepared to meet the CAPF objective and continue to evolve professionally in their field.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding from the Presenter Support Organizations sub-component, your organization must be:
- a not-for-profit organization incorporated under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act or the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act (or under corresponding provincial or territorial legislation);
- a provincial, territorial or municipal institution (including agencies and public educational institutions that organize presentation activities for the public); or
- an Aboriginal peoples institution or organization (Aboriginal peoples include Inuit, Métis, Status and Non-Status people).
All eligible organizations must:
- have been in existence for at least one year and have as their core focus the strengthening of arts presentation in Canada; and
- offer activities and services that meet the following goals:
- provide arts presenters with access to a variety of artistic choices;
- provide artists with access to arts presenters (specialized and multidisciplinary);
- reinforce the Canadian arts presentation circuits; and
- further practical arts presentation knowledge.
The application deadline for the Presenter Support Organizations sub-component is April 1st, for projects which will occur after April 1st of the following year.
When an application falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
If you are submitting an application to the CAPF for the first time, you are encouraged to contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to verify whether your organization and your projects are eligible.
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding. A complete application package includes the General Application Form and the following supporting documents:
- Budget Template: Revenues and Expenses;
- Sample professional artist contract or letter of agreement used by your organization;
- Promotional materials (brochures, programs or reports of past events);
- Organizational chart including a list of permanent employees;
- List of board members, their professional occupations and the list of volunteer committees;
- Current planning documents, if available;
- Board resolution authorizing this application and designating the person with signing authority (duly signed by the board chair or president of your organization);
- Curriculum vitae of the executive director;
- Copy of the letters of patent and their amendments or the corporate charter;
- Most recent financial statements:
- Audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of $250,000 or more; or new applicants with an operating budget greater than $500,000
- Non-audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of less than $250,000; or new applicants with an operating budget of $500,000 or less
If you are a first-time applicant, you must also provide:
- New Applicants Only: Schedule of Completed Activities/Service and Actual Results (last completed year); and
- A one-page history of your organization.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Canada Arts Presentation Fund
15 Eddy Street
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: