Programming: Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters – Canada Arts Presentation Fund
The Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters sub-component of the Canada Arts Presentation Fund (CAPF) supports existing professional arts festivals and performing arts series presenters to offer activities that connect artists with Canadians in their communities. This is primarily achieved through performances, as well as through audience development and outreach initiatives such as pre- or post-show panel discussions, public lectures and workshops, residencies, demonstrations, public rehearsals, and other forms of community engagement activities.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding from the Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters sub-component, your organization must be:
- a not-for-profit organization incorporated under the Canada Corporations Act or the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act (or under corresponding provincial or territorial legislation);
- a provincial, territorial or municipal institution (including agencies and public educational institutions that organize presentation activities for the public); or
- an Indigenous peoples institution or organization (Indigenous peoples include Inuit, Métis, Status and Non Status people).
Full eligibility requirements are detailed in the Application Guidelines.
We encourage applicants to contact their regional Canada Arts Presentation Fund officer to make special arrangements should the current situation related to COVID-19 be preventing applicants from transmitting information to the Department in a timely fashion.
April 1st and October 1st for projects which will occur after April 1st of the following year:
- April 1st is the application deadline for projects starting between April 1st and June 30th of the following year.
- All other applicants must contact their regional office to determine which deadline is appropriate for their organization.
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application.
If you are submitting an application to the CAPF for the first time, you are encouraged to contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to verify whether your organization and your project are eligible.
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding. A complete application package includes the General Application Form and the following supporting documents:
- Budget Template: Revenues and Expenses;
- Proposed Activities and Projected Results;
- Sample professional artist contract or letter of agreement used by your organization;
- Promotional materials (brochures, programs or reports of past events);
- Organizational chart including a list of permanent employees;
- List of board members, their professional occupations and the list of volunteer committees;
- Current planning documents, if available;
- Board resolution authorizing this application and designating the person with signing authority (duly signed by the board chair or president of your organization);
- Curriculum vitae of the executive director;
- Copy of the letters of patent and their amendments or the corporate charter;
- Most recent financial statements:
- Audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of $250,000 or more; or new applicants with an operating budget greater than $500,000
- Non-audited financial statements for organizations having previously received a contribution from the CAPF in the amount of less than $250,000; or new applicants with an operating budget of $500,000 or less
If you are a first-time applicant, you must also provide:
- New Applicants Only: Completed Activities and Actual Results; and
- A one-page history of your organization.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Canada Arts Presentation Fund
15 Eddy Street
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: